I grew up here in Broomfield and I consider myself a 2nd generation Broomfield'er and 4th generation Coloradian. I have watched us grow from a small town that nobody knew to a huge city with that same small town feel. I remember when I was younger, trying to describe where Broomfield was, I would tell people we were a small suburb between Denver and Boulder. Now that small suburb is an international business destination and rated "top city" in the country to raise a family. I am excited to throw my name in the hat to represent the town I grew up in and where my two amazing boys call home.
Not only did I grow up here, I have established my professional career in industries core to Broomfield's economic growth. My first job (not really a contributor to the economic growth...yet a heck of a lot of fun!) was a Lifeguard at the Broomfield Swim and Tennis Club. I worked there for 7 years during high school and college -- it couldn't have been a better teenage job! After college, I chose to to stay in Colorado and have held position for three top Northern Colorado companies.
- 6 years at Rocky Flats - Environmental Remediation Program Manager
- 18 years at Ball Aerospace and Technology Corp. - Aerospace Program Manager
- 2 years at DanoneWave - Food and Beverage Senior Program Manager
My formal education history:
- Public Education: Emerald Elementary, Broomfield Junior High, Broomfield High School
- Bachelor of Science: Business Management - University of Northern Colorado
- Masters of Science: Environmental Management & Policy - Denver University
- Masters of Science: Information Management Systems - Regis University
- Rapport Leadership International - Leadership Certification